Huggies Diapers Overnite, Big Pack

Huggies OverNites Diapers, Size 5, Big Pack, 52 CountI have used and loved Huggies Overnites for several years with two children they work great and never leak. However, I recently received my latest subscription box of Huggies Overnites Size 5. I used the diapers from this new box for three nights and each night my baby's diaper had a huge leak. After the third night with a leaky diaper, I finally examined the diaper to realize that the Overnites have been redesigned and are now inferior to the Overnites I have previously purchased. The new Overnites have substantially less diaper material on the sides of the diaper, which causes the diaper to easily leak from the sides. The inside back/waist area also no longer has the strip of material that helps prevent leaks out the back. Without these features, the Overnites are as ineffective as generic diapers. The copyright on the new diaper is "2011 KCWW E." The copyright on the old diaper is "2010 KCWW D."

I cancelled my Overnites subscription and am now looking for a different night diaper. Bring back the old design, Kimberly-Clark!!

April 4, 2013

Updating my reviewit appears Huggies has brought back the previous design of diaper. Thank you Huggies!!! No more leaks.. Best overnight diaper on the market!

Previous review December 28, 2011

I have been a long time user of Huggies Overnites with both my children & very happy to have a night time diaper that kept baby dry, until my most recent shipment. The design of the diaper had changed, it now has a blue lining which used to be white and much much thinner then the past diaper. My child used to sleep soundly through the night until these diapers. He now wakes up every night soaked in urine.

The most shocking part of it all is Huggies had the nerve to increase the price and give you less diapers that are so cheap and no longer do the job of keeping baby dry. I need to find a new brand of night time diapers.

Buy Huggies Diapers Overnite, Big Pack Now

We are loyal Huggies diaper costumers and use to love the night diapers. However, they have changed the way they make them and now leak. DO NOT BUY THEM. I read other reviews and ignored them and I regret it.

Read Best Reviews of Huggies Diapers Overnite, Big Pack Here

Update: 12/9/12: It appears Huggies Overnight has once again changed these diapers, but this time, it's for the better. The diapers in recent shipments are once again thick on the sides and back, with new quilted padding extending all the way to the sides. We haven't had a leak in weeks a some have been real whoppers after a whole night, coming in at 10-12 oz. If I limit their fluid intake to 8 oz before bed, they're able to sleep through until the next morning and the diapers don't get as saturated even if a diaper can absorb all this, I'd rather avoid having my child in a heavy wet diaper.

One thing I have noticed is that the inside and outside of the diapers feel drier to the touch, even when "soaked". Others we've tried feel wet. There is also a difference in fit the size 4 is snug on my husky son (36" & 30 lb) and more prone to leaks, and roomier on my slim daughter (35", 28 lb) who never has leaks. I ordered one size up (5, for 27 lbs +) for my son and have had zero leaks since. Interestingly, I checked the copyright numbers on the "new diapers" (size 5) received this week and it's 2010 KCWW E older than the flawed redesign that was causing so many issues until recently. Is it a revamped "old design"?

Thank you Huggies for listening to your customers and improving this diaper and maybe bringing back the old design :)

Please note only the shipments of #5s have changed. This was the size I was getting leaks with, as were many other parents perhaps because it is for older kids who tend to drink more and be heavy wetters. The #4s for my daughter are unchanged, but I've had no leaks with those.

*****

As a mom of baby twins, I need diapers that will hold up at least 10-12 hours to reduce the number of diaper changes at night (and get some sleep). After trying multiple brands, including Pampers Cruisers Ultra Absorbent and Kirkland's Diapers, none matches the absorbency of these. More importantly, my babies have not developed diaper rash from prolonged contact with urine as has happened with the Cruisers.

These overnight diapers are essential for travel by car or by air, so you won't have to worry about looking for public restrooms to change youir child.

Likewise, they come in very handy in your car when potty training we keep a stack of these along with PRI 4-In-1 Soft Seat Toilet Trainer and Step Stool White with Pastel Blue Seat and a container of Pampers Sensitive 3X Wipes 192 Count (Pack of 4). Place one of these diapers inside the potty's bowl, secure with the lid, and any mess will be immediately absorbed and contained. No risk of spills or accidents. Dispose of it by rolling up the diaper and securing the velcro ends and/ or placing it in a ziploc bag. This potty seat holds up to 45 lbs, so a preschooler can use this method. It will be a lifesaver if you have several small children in different stages of diapers, potty training and beyond.

If your child is closer to the maximum recommended weight, I recommend sizing up. When they're too form fitting they are not as absorbent and there is a chance of leaks, as is the case with almost all diapers.

It is unfortunate that the diapers have gone up in price; however, none of the big box stores carry them and other stores offer them for far less. They're still a bargain. And if it means not having to comfort a soaking wet baby and change sheets in the middle of the night, they're still worth it.

Want Huggies Diapers Overnite, Big Pack Discount?

Huggies are great! Amazons original Subscribe & Save program (S&S) I signed up with gave a 15% discount plus and addl. 15% for Amazon Moms (AM) for a whopping 30% discount for a 56ct. pkg. size 5. The current S&S only offers a 20% discount (5% std. plus 15% Amazon Mom) for a 52 ct. pkg (vs. original 56 ct pkg.) size 5. The S&S 20% discount is $19.99 ea. which matches both Walmart & Target prices. I've always used these stores as comparisons because $19.99 was the cheapest price I could find PRIOR to signing up with Amazon Mom & S&S. In July 2011 I got the 56 ct. pkg. for just under $14 ea. under the S&S/AM program & in April 2011 got the same pkg. for $17 ea. In this case, Amazon is no longer providing savings above & beyond other major compeditors. The only way to get the $19.99 price is by subscribing to both S&S & Amazon Mom which gets you the same price as the other major compeditors. How is that a stand out deal? The only highlight left for Amazon Moms is that we don't necessarily have to go to the store to get diapers because Amazon ships the S&S for free. But have you ever heard of a Mom that never had to go to the store? It's dissappointing that Amazon Mom no longer stands out as my "go to" option for significant savings.

Save 19% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment