Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants, Boys

Pull-Ups Training Pants with Learning Designs, Boys, 3T-4T, 52 CountOh, the joys of potty training.... Giving birth was easier than toilet training my boy. I won't go into woes, suffice to say, my freakishly stubborn child is trained during the day. Now, if I can get him to stay dry at the night, I'll be a happy camper. This product has changed over the years, and in my opinion, it's better today. To be clear, I am reviewing the Huggies Pull-Ups Training Pants with Learning Designs. The reason I specify that is because Kimberly-Clark is distributing a new product called Huggies Pull-Ups Training Pants with Wetness Liner. I'm not certain that pull-ups actually facilitate potty training, although there's no question that these pants helped to reduce my need for Extra-Strength Tylenol.

I think the reason why pull-ups in general don't encourage toilet training is mostly due to the absorbency. They don't allow children to feel wet, so why would they be persuaded to use the potty. It's just like a glorified diaper that pulls up. After 3-months of trying to train my son with big-boy underwear, and trainers I finally gave into pull-ups. My son thinks these are cool because he can pull them up, and down by himself.

We had several nighttime disasters, so I picked up a box of Pampers Easy-Ups. They are more absorbent than the Huggies brand; however, the tare-away sides annoy me. When Procter & Gamble introduced the Feel 'n Learn Advanced Trainers I was encouraged, but they were disappointing as well. Therefore, I went back to Huggies, and today they are my brand of choice. We only use these at night now, and I've learned to limit my son's liquid intake at night. If William's had an excessive amount of water throughout the day I either double up, or wake him up during the night and have him use the toilet, otherwise I'll wake up to a soggy bed.

Do the learning designs work? Yes, in fact, they do fade when wet, but I think the front indicators are insignificant. On the other hand, children aren't in the habit of looking down at their crotch. Therefore, unless their shorts are off, they're not aware the designs have faded unless they're told. With the introduction of the star designs on the inside of the pants, my son is able to see them, and he knows if they fade. He'll tell me in the morning that all his stars are gone. The Toy Story learning designs used to feature glow-in-the-dark indicators, and my son loved to dance around, and see the planets move before he doned his jammies. He misses the glow-in-the-dark planets.

I think my son had too many life adjustments when I first started training, which slowed his progress. Ultimately real underwear, potty incentive, and lots of patience trained my boy. The Huggies Pull-Ups Training Pants with Learning Designs certainly made my life easier, although I don't think they support toilet training per se.

I love these Pull-Ups. I'm a fan of Pampers diapers, but I used Huggies Pull-Ups for my older kid and the same is true for the younger one currently (FINALLY) being potty trained. These training pants are super easy on/off and the sides don't lose their ability to 'stick' after many tries at the potty. For being a wonderful, basic potty training necessity they rate five stars. However, I have a few suggestions...

1. This mega-pack does NOT hold individual smaller packs so you either have to keep the Pull-Ups in this big ol' bag or find a convenient storage space for all 58 pants. It's great that the packaging is an attempt to be Earth-friend, but not great when you don't have enough kid-proof storage space...

2. The package (all around: kid model on the front, at the top, and on side) shows Toy Story as the "new design" characters. However, the Pull-Ups were ALL Cars characters. Not a big deal, but if your little one is really into the characters, you might have to do some fast explaining... This is obviously a packaging issue through Huggies since Huggies is converting all boys' Pull-Ups designs to Cars 2, but there really should be a "designs may vary" disclaimer on Amazon just in case.

3. Lastly... I really hope Amazon does it's Amazon Mom members a solid and bumps up the "Amazon price" to $25.01. Some of us have to qualify for Prime via $25 orders in baby products, so... While I was able to buy these "NOT Toy Story, but Cars Pull-Ups" at a GREAT price, I would have been just as happy paying a little bit extra for my order to qualify.

Buy Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants, Boys Now

Huggies Pull Ups are the disposable training pants that you want. The "velcro" on the sides is useful for changing accidents. Note that it goes the opposite way from most diapers, so you need to "wrap" the pants the opposite way when you are changing them. The pants also don't rip after a day of being pulled up and down. We were loyal to Pampers with the diaper phase, but Pampers Easy Ups have no velcro sides (so you must wrap each "accident" in a plastic bag, and the soiled training pants are harder to remove), and Pampers Easy Ups are very flimsy on the sides and tear easily, so even if your child has no accidents, he still will need several Easy Ups throughout the day, since they will keep tearing and falling off. Buy the Huggies Pull Ups and each one will last all day.

Read Best Reviews of Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants, Boys Here

After my son was potty trained, we decided to purchase some pull-ups just to deal with any overnight problems he might have. We did not want to use them while potty training because they're essentially the same as a diaper, just more expensive!

He used them during nap time for several weeks. He liked the little picture on the front that would disappear and he would be so proud of himself when it was still there after he woke up! When he consistently woke up dry, we stopped using them. We started up again because we were visiting family and didn't want to risk him wetting the bed due to all the traveling. After a while, I started noticing a pretty big rash on his lower back. We realized it was from the pull-ups, and it took a long time to heal. We have since stopped using them.

Overall, the pull-ups are fine, but if your child has sensitive skin, you might have to try a different product.

When my son was a baby, we tried using Pampers diapers and Luvs (which are made by the same company) and he would break out in a rash. We switched to Huggies, and he was fine. We assumed Pull-ups would also be fine, since they are made by Huggies, but unfortunately we were wrong.

Want Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants, Boys Discount?

Let me start by saying that I think Huggies Overnites are the best on the market for overnite protection. With that said, I cannot understand what went so wrong with their pull-ups. I've used Seventh Generation diapers for daytime protection since the twins were out of their newborn diapers. Those are the most well designed diapers for wet and solid protection I only had a handful of blowouts with them over two years pretty amazing! When we started potty training and switched to pull ups, I decided to try other brands to try and find a more "comfortable" pull up. I naturally went to Huggies because they are our overnight option. I am SO disappointed in these pull ups! Not that pull ups are supposed to be worn for any length of time, but come on they should at least protect enough to keep me from having to change clothes in the middle of the day. We tried Pampers which I could not stand the smell of but they perform the best and are very soft. We're sticking with Pampers until their training is over!

0 comments:

Post a Comment