Huggies Pull-Ups Cool Alert Training Pants, Girls

Pull-Ups® Training Pants with Cool Alert, Girls, 4T-5T, 44 CountMy husband accidently bought "learning designs" and I couldn't fugure out why my little one was suddenly wetting her pullups. Then when I bought Cool Alert I noticed with just a few drops she grabs the diaper and alerts me she has to go potty! When kids are playing and watching TV they need this acute reminder or they will just go potty in their diaper--old habits.....

From the advertising on this particular product, I assumed the wetness liner was suppose to make the toddler uncomfortable enough to realize that he/she was wet and to learn to prevent "wetness". At one point, i did check and it did feel cool to the touch as it was wet. However, my daughters (twins) didn't mind the coolness and it wasn't effective as I originally thought it to be. Huggies and Pampers both have similar diapers, so if I were to purchase these again, I would compare prices and go with the cheaper ones. There's no need to buy these if they are more expensive. As for leakage and lining, both Huggies and Pampers are about the same. One doesn't hold up significantly better than the other. One real advantage of Huggies tho, is their velcro lining. My girls are thinner than the average baby, so it helps to be able to adjust the pull ups a little even tho the banding is stretchable.

Buy Huggies Pull-Ups Cool Alert Training Pants, Girls Now

While I'm no fan of Huggies diapers (we quickly switched to Pampers after growing tired of the leaks), I had to comment on the reviewer who said "after your child goes in them once they sag so bad you have to go change them". ???? Why would you want to leave your child uncomfortable in a wet/dirty diaper simply because it WASN'T sagging? Reminds me of the old joke "but Doctor, it SAID it holds 12-18 lbs??!!".

Anyway...

Now that we're potty training, we've become Huggies fans. We LOVE the Pull-ups. They work great for us. No leaks, they hold up well to a few pull-ups and pull-downs, and I do believe the wetness liner is helping to make potty training easier.

Read Best Reviews of Huggies Pull-Ups Cool Alert Training Pants, Girls Here

I am a Pampers Mom. I learned that during my first child. Everything in a regular diaper leaked except Pampers. But when I switched over to Pampers brand training pants (Dora the Explorer design), my daughter developed a terrible rash. After a week of treating it and a doc visit, we found that the training pants and diapers were not comprised of the same materials and they were the cause of the rash. So we switched over to pull-ups and were pleased. Not only did the rash subside, but we loved the side tabs that made for easy changing and checks. I would also like to mention that my daughter wears the 2T-3T size of the pull-ups with no problems, however, the same size in Pampers Easy-Ups is much snugger. I had planned on having these shipped to my house on a regular basis from Amazon, but I have since decided against it. I am terribly disappointed to see that Amazon is charging nearly $4.00 more per equal package on Girl's Pull-Ups vs. Boy Pull-Ups. Why? Both have Cool Alert Wetness Liner, same size and number per package. No other common retailer has this practice. Very disappointing Amazon.

Want Huggies Pull-Ups Cool Alert Training Pants, Girls Discount?

Not recommended for sensitive skin! We've used Pull-Ups in the past, through Subscribe & Save. They switched to this type, and I didn't think anything of it until my daughter kept coming home from school with severe burn-like rashes. Any time she had accidents in these Pull-Ups, particularly if there was any trace of a bowel movement, her skin broke out in a strange way, not quite diaper rash, but more like a chemical burn. It went away in a few days with Butt Paste. While the cool alert is a novel idea, in practice it poses a health concern. We're sticking with the regular Pull-Ups from now on. If your child has had any adverse reaction, it's a good idea to comment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment