Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers

Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers, Size 1, 100 CountI've spent thousands of dollars as a faithful Huggies customer and mom of four, but after getting the size 4 "new" Snug and Fit Huggies, I think I'll shop around... Even with frequent changing, my 18-month-old is soaking through to his pants -not around the edges, but through the diaper. When I change him, my hand gets damp from touching the outside of the diaper. Ick!

With the old Huggies, he was fine to sleep through the night, but with these he wakes in a puddle. Guess I'll have to start investing in overnight diapers...

Comparing the new diaper to an old (unused!) one I had in my car, they are significantly thinner, and the outer waterproof layer is thinner. They hold much less water, in a kitchen test.

I might as well just stick him in washable thick underwear, if I'm going to have to wash his pants every time I change a diaper anyway...

Ahh, the ultimate controversy. I feel like I've graduated from college to adult when the hot topic with my friends has changed from 'boxers vs briefs' to 'huggies vs pampers'.

We did stage our own version of the Pepsi Challenge, and purchased Huggies, Papers, Luvs and even some other random brand I found in our local grocery store. Huggies wins hands down. Luvs leaked all the time, and was even kind of scratchy. Pampers was nice and soft, but also leaked. For us, Huggies has never leaked. The elastic bands around the legs fit well, the diapers are soft enough to not bother my son. We've used Huggies from size NB up to 3 so far and have still preferred Huggies in each size range.

Within the Huggies line, I prefer the Ultra-trim (which I guess is being called something else now?) over the Huggies Supreme. The Supreme were extra padded and tended to bunch up. They didn't leak, but they just weren't as comfortable for my son's frenzied activity level.

As for fit, my son has always been small for his age (10th percentile in weight, 60th percentile in height), so I'm not sure if that makes any difference... maybe pampers works better for chunky kids? Which opens up another age old controversy "does size really matter"? But that's a conversation for another day.

Buy Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers Now

We have been using the Huggies snug and dry for a while now, but this most recent box has been awful. I thought when we first got them I thought they felt different but I wasn't sure they really were until we started using them. Out and about my son soaked through his diaper and then pants which never happens for us. I figured we just waited too long. Then we opened up and found a bunch of the absorbent ball things on him. I was hoping it was just a rogue diaper. but he is leaking through occasionally now and had a blowout the next day. We are officially changing diaper brands and wanted to warn anyone else who is trying to decide.

I see I am not the only one with this issue with the new version.

Read Best Reviews of Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers Here

We've been using Huggies Snug & Dry since my daughter was born in Aug 2010 and have always loved them. We've used Amazon's subscribe & save for about a year now and this past shipment provided us with Huggies Snug & Dry that are anything but. We've never had issues with urine leaking through her diapers, but since receiving the latest package of diapers we are discovering wet beds nearly every morning. If we're going to receive more cheaply made diapers then why are we paying the same price? Very disappointed, Huggies.

Want Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers Discount?

The reviews/ranking of these Huggies diapers at the time of this writing are somewhat misleading at first glance, as reviews of the diaper prior to the design change are taken into account in the overall rankings (note the ratio of good reviews to bad reviews before and after 2013). You'll see the most helpful review is from 2006! So please when looking over the reviews, I would suggest giving the most weight to those done since Spring of 2013 as those are actually reviews of the item that you are buying. Maybe Amazon can fix this with their review system, by purging/archiving the older and no longer relevant reviews that are for the old design?

Anyway, it appears that Huggies has decided to have it's 'New Coke' moment and mess with a good thing by redesigning it's diaper at some point in the Spring of 2013. These diapers, as claimed by Huggies, are now thinner but still just as absorbent, which does not appear to be the case for my family or a number of the other families that have posted their experience here since the change was made; they're definitely thinner, but no longer as absorbent based off of our experience. We had been happily continuing to buy Huggies for the past 20 months, despite the price difference compared to other brands. We have stuck with Huggies because it worked for us. However, now that Huggies has forced change on us (a change for the worse in our opinionyes Huggies rep: we will be in contact with you on your website), we are now in full experimentation mode and like other subscribers will be looking to other brands to get back the quality we were used to from Huggies. Unfortunately, at the time of this review we do not have an alternate suggestion for you. But if we find something that works for us, we'll update this review.

Save 29% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment